Borse di studio INFN-CSN3 per Tesi di Laurea Triennale e Magistrale /
Call for INFN-CSN3 fellowship for Bachelor and Master Theses projects
Bando per laureandi triennali (solo università italiane)
Durata: 15 giorni
Importo della borsa: 400 € (600 € nel caso in cui il borsista non sia né residente né sia iscritto ad Università nella stessa provincia dove ha sede il Laboratorio)
Attività prevista: Caratterizzazione di un rivelatore al Germanio per spettroscopia gamma underground a LUNA
Bando per laureandi/neolaureati magistrali (non iscritti al dottorato di ricerca né in Italia né all’estero)
Durata: 3 mesi
Importo della borsa: 2.000 € (6.000 € qualora l’assegnatario risulti residente in una provincia diversa da quella nella quale hanno sede i Laboratori)
Attività prevista: Misure di sezioni d’urto nucleari di interesse astrofisico in LUNA
Call for Master's graduates/students (not enrolled in a Ph.D. program either in Italy or abroad)
Duration: 3 months
Amount of the scholarship: 2.000 € (6.000 € if the student lives in a different district than the chosen Laboratory)
Planned activity: Measurement of cross sections of nuclear reactions relevant to astrophysics at LUNA
Il termine ultimo di presentazione della domanda e dell’inserimento delle lettere di referenza, sarà il giorno 5 dicembre 2023 entro le ore 11:59 am CET.
The final deadline for submitting the application and including letters of reference is December 5, 2023, by 11:59 am CET
ERC-funded post-doc position on experimental nuclear astrophysics at INFN Gran Sasso National Laboratory
The ERC-project SHADES has an immediate opening for an experimental nuclear physics postdoctorate. The position is located at the INFN Gran Sasso National Laboratory and aims to measure the highly important nuclear reaction 22Ne(α, n)25Mg using a scintillator-3He counter array and a recirculating gastarget. It is one of the first experimental campaigns to take place at the 3.5 MV accelerator of the Bellotti Ion Beam facility of the LNGS.
The postdoctoral researcher will be a major contributor to the installation and execution of the experiment in the Gran Sasso underground laboratory. Candidates must have a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in physics. Hands-on experience with nuclear physics related experimental setups is required, experience with detector simulations using Geant4 and neutron data analysis is advantageous. The contract duration is 1 year with possible extensions. Salary is on the higher side of Italian postdoctoral wages (“assegno senior fascia II”).
Department of Physics, University of Naples “Federico II”
Complesso Universitario di Monte SantAngelo, via Cintia 80126 Napoli, Italy
Phone: +39 (081) 676497
New Research Fellowships will soon be available at INFN - Torino and at the University of Milano
In the next months, two years post-doc positions will be available both in Torino at Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare, and at the University of Milano in the framework of the SOCIAL (SOlar Composition Investigated At Luna) project, financed by the Italian Ministry of University and Research. The candidate will work at the LUNA deep-underground laboratory, performing nuclear astrophysics experiments and in particular a new measurement of the 14N(p,g)15O reaction. The candidate will be involved in all phases of the project, i.e. setup design and characterization, data taking and data analysis. The project will start next fall.
If interested in applying, please contact:
If you are interested in working with us at LUNA, please consider also the following opportunities for PhD studentships and Post-Doctoral Fellowships. These are typically highly selective international competitions and normally require strong academic records and, in the case of post-doctoral jobs, proven research experience and leadership potential. If you think you meet these requirements, please get in touch to discuss things further.
- GRAN SASSO SCIENCE INSTITUTE (GSSI, Italy). Calls for applications are issued once a year, typically in April. Studentships are for 3 years, including a one-year compulsory attendance to training courses. Successful applicants will receive a gross stipend of €16,200/year. Accommodation and meals in L’Aquila are provided free of charge. For further details, please visit: http://gssi.infn.it
- Calls for PhD positions are also issued once per year, typically between April and July, at University of Napoli, University of Genova, University of Milano, University of Padova, University of Torino, University of Bari.
If interested in applying, please contact a Collaboration member at the chosen institution.
Post-Doctoral Positions and Fellowships
- INFN POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS FOR EXPERIMENTAL PHYSICS (ITALY). Eligible applicants must hold a PhD title (or equivalent). For further details, please visit: https://jobs.dsi.infn.it/index.php
If interested in applying, please contact any of the Italian members of the LUNA Collaboration
- ROYAL SOCIETY UNIVERSITY RESEARCH FELLOWS (UK). The scheme provides the opportunity to build an independent research career. Those appointed are expected to be strong candidates for permanent posts in universities at the end of their fellowships. The Fellowships are for 5 years with a possible 3 year extension. The basic salary requested should be at a level commensurate with the applicant’s skills, responsibilities, expertise and experience, up to a maximum of £39,708.70 per annum. Eligible candidates must posses a PhD title and between 3-8 years of post-doctoral research experience by the application deadline. Applications are normally agreed with the host institute (School of Physics and Astronomy - University of Edinburgh). Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview at the Royal Society in early-mid April. For further details, please visit: https://royalsociety.org/grants-schemes-awards/grants/university-research/
- ROYAL SOCIETY NEWTON INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIPS (UK). The scheme provides the opportunity for the best early stage post-doctoral researchers from all over the world to work at UK research institutions for a period of two years. Eligible candidates should have completed their PhD by the time funding starts. They should have no more than 7 years of active full time postdoctoral experience at the time of application (exceptions apply). Applicants should discuss their research project with the host institution (School of Physics and Astronomy - University of Edinburgh) well in advance of the intended deadline. Newton Fellowships last for 2 years. Funding consists of £24,000 per annum for subsistence costs, and up to £8,000 per annum research expenses, as well as a one-off payment of up to £2,000 for relocation expenses. Application rounds are typically in March and September. For further details, please visit: https://royalsociety.org/grants-schemes-awards/grants/newton-international/
Please note that additional opportunities may arise from time to time at individual institutions members of the Collaboration. If you are interested in joining the collaboration, please get in touch with the
Prof Gianluca Imbriani
gianluca.imbriani_at_na.infn.it (replace _at_ with @)
For LNGS access rules and accomodation please visit: